Stitches and Snow
We were lucky enough to have another 4 inches of snow fall last night (incredible here at the beach!) and were taking full advantage of that until about 11 a.m. when poor Cameron got his finger slammed in a door. One glance and I realized I was headed to the emergency room in this snow/ice. I'm not a good snow driver, but after a harrowing drive we made it and they stitched the finger up, made sure it wasn't broken - even sewed the fingernail back on just to show the new one where to grow (if that gives you any idea how it looked when I glanced) - and made it home safe and sound. Luckily Bethany and cousin Audrey were here to stay with the other crazies so I only had to risk mine and Cameron's lives with the drive.
I strapped a few plastic bags onto Cameron's hand to keep it dry while he sledded (sorry, but snow is too rare here to follow doctor's orders to rest on the couch!) and as I was putting them on Cameron commented, "Ooh, Mom, you're very crafty". My brave boy was so good - although at times I was scared he was going to put himself into shock - but the worst was during the x-ray. I explained that they were going to take a picture of his bones... and as he's looking at the huge machine above him he starts crying again and looks terrified. I quickly explained that it just feels like a normal picture being taken and he immediately relaxed and said, "Oh, phew - for a minute I thought they were going to have to remove my skin." Poor little dude!
No comments:
Post a Comment