Tuesday, September 28, 2010

you know I went to a garden party.....

I've decided my new favorite flower is a pumpkin flower. I wish I could cut it and put it in a bouquet. The color is fabulous and I love how it opens to greet the sun in the morning.

















The garden is at its most bountiful right now. We did finally get some sun late in the summer, so some vegetables survived. The jury's still out on whether or not the corn will ripen enough to eat....
but I'm still pretty darn proud of it considering the lack of sun. It gives me hope for normal years...The pumpkins are taking over my patio - literally. Can you see our fire pit under all the vines? It's hard to walk around to water! Jury's also still out on whether or not the pumpkins will be orange for Halloween. Even if they aren't, though - I'm excited to have 7 large ones going strong - one is almost 3 feet around! Love it!!




















We've had some awesome garden salads filled with lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, green onions, zucchini - every last ingredient straight from the backyard....
But the veggie I'm most excited for is.....I can't wait to have these for a treat this weekend!


No comments: