Back to School
It's back to school time and I have the pictures to prove it....
Cameron is in 2nd grade this year, Tyler in Kindergarten, and Elie is in preschool! I am starting my 3rd year of not teaching. With each passing year I find myself more and more removed emotionally from the school - which is good and bad, I guess. I did join the PTO this year, though - so I'll be around my old "home" a lot more. Both of the boys have teachers whose kids' I taught in first grade years ago, so that makes it kind of a fun and unique year just for that. They're the only 2 teachers at the school that I can say that about.Elie's going to Miss Tami's school - she's the babysitter I used to take the kids to when I was working. She started a preschool out of her home and is wonderful with the kids so I'm really excited for Elie to get to go. I have mixed feelings about not putting Elie in the co-op preschool like I did with Tyler, because I did love certain aspects of it so much, but I think Elie will love Miss Tami's just as much and I will be MUCH less frazzled for it! (by the way - do you LOVE the blue ducky socks with the Wizard of Oz sandals and the pink and silver striped dress? FABULOUS!)
I read this quote the other day: "What happens when unspeakable sadness collides with unimaginable happiness? Children grow up." It happened to be the day before Tyler started Kindergarten when I read it and it really hit me. Tylerbaby is growing up. (That's what 2 1/2 year old Cameron called Tyler when we brought him home from the hospital, which then turned into "tybabe" after a while). Tyler is lucky enough to have Cameron's teacher from last year for a kinder teacher - she moved from 1st to K this year.
And for those of you who may be wondering, Cameron seems (KNOCK ON WOOD, UNIVERSE) to be adjusting pretty well to 2nd grade. Yes, I did receive a call from his teacher Friday afternoon - but she totally made it clear that had I been a normal parent (and not a friend/former teacher) she would not have called me - and she actually said the week had gone well - whoo hoo! well.... save for one minor detail, but WELL! Positives, people! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment