I had scheduled a cave tour before we left with Wanderlust Tours. They picked us up right in Sunriver and took us to Skeleton Cave. We got to put on miner's hats and head down into the lava tube. I took out my camera to get what would have been some AWESOME pictures, but discovered my batteries were too low for pics. Grrr!!! The above image of the entrance to the cave I stole off the internet. Ronny and I went caving with some friends in Bend when we first met, so I knew what I was getting into - and I knew I probably wouldn't like it - but I wanted the kids to experience it. The kids were major troopers - there were some difficult areas to navigate further down in the cave, even for adults. Elie especially - such an adventuress! For a moment, we were worried she wasn't going to make it much further and the guide said he didn't want us moving in the cave without him so I was facing sitting in total darkness (except our helmets) with Elie until they came back.... not something I would have enjoyed in any way. Thank Goodness that was about the time Elie got brave and kicked it into high gear. Anyway - it was an amazing trip and awesome to be able to expose the kids to that. I was seriously upset that I wasn't able to take pics.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Sunriver
I had scheduled a cave tour before we left with Wanderlust Tours. They picked us up right in Sunriver and took us to Skeleton Cave. We got to put on miner's hats and head down into the lava tube. I took out my camera to get what would have been some AWESOME pictures, but discovered my batteries were too low for pics. Grrr!!! The above image of the entrance to the cave I stole off the internet. Ronny and I went caving with some friends in Bend when we first met, so I knew what I was getting into - and I knew I probably wouldn't like it - but I wanted the kids to experience it. The kids were major troopers - there were some difficult areas to navigate further down in the cave, even for adults. Elie especially - such an adventuress! For a moment, we were worried she wasn't going to make it much further and the guide said he didn't want us moving in the cave without him so I was facing sitting in total darkness (except our helmets) with Elie until they came back.... not something I would have enjoyed in any way. Thank Goodness that was about the time Elie got brave and kicked it into high gear. Anyway - it was an amazing trip and awesome to be able to expose the kids to that. I was seriously upset that I wasn't able to take pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment