Thursday, July 22, 2010

Princess Elie

Elie will be starting dance this fall, and it's hard to tell who is more excited.... Elie or me. This week, her dance school hosted a "Princess Camp".... oh, man I can't even think the words in my head without a smile and the expectant eyes I give Elie every time we talk about it. We like the surprise, so when I was pregnant we didn't know whether it was a girl or boy. I remember being almost scared, or nervous, for it to be a girl. I knew what to do with boys, knew what to expect, had everything I'd need, and liked the idea of 3 sons. That's not to say that I was wishing for a boy, either - but I do remember getting kind of irritated when strangers would notice my tummy and my two boys and then comment, "Oh, trying to get your girl, aren't you?" But this week, watching her at her adorable, heart melting Princess Camp is the first time I can honestly say Thank You Thank You Thank You for giving me a girl. I wouldn't want to miss this.

No comments: