Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Busy fun

Easter turned out to be a very small gathering of family, but I still had fun with the preparations.
Please tell me the silverware looks like carrots. When I showed it to Ronny with my expectant "isn't this cool" face - he asked, "what is that?"...... OK, the picture doesn't do it justice, either - it was really cool, I swear!
The kids seemed to have a good time with the pinata even though they'd already been a part of 6 previous egg hunts. That was one of those weekends when I realize how lucky (spoiled?) my kids really are. Seriously - SIX.

My next big project after Easter was a double baby shower for my two very pregnant teacher friends in the picture above. Deanna is having a baby girl, and Sasha is having a baby boy. Even though life has been more than a normal amount of busy lately, I really do love to do stuff like this, and I had fun with it.
It turned out to be a lovely afternoon spent with lots of old friends that I don't get to see enough of anymore since I'm not teaching. We laughed the entire time - my sides actually hurt by the end of the shower.
Here's to two healthy new lives coming safely into the world in the next couple months! Good luck to both of you, Sasha and Deanna!

No comments: