Don't get me wrong - I love the sun - but this year's tee ball schedule has me wishing for last year when we only had 2 practices per week... and I thought THAT was hard! Ugh. Our practice lineup so far has been Tyler practices Tuesday/Thursday nights...
and Cameron practices Monday/Wednesday/Friday nights.
Once the games start, we may have conflicting times - we'll see how that works when we get there, I guess. The good thing about alternating practice nights is that I can physically get everyone where they need to be.... the bad thing is I have to physically get there EVERY night of the week.Family dinners.... what's that? Baths.... no time, just get in bed! Brushing teeth.... eh, you already have cavities - what's a few more? They're just baby teeth!
Seaside Kids is the organization that provides free tee ball to the community, and this year they decided to split the team ages a little more. Last year Cameron was on a team with kindergartners up to 2nd graders. This year they have a preschool/kinder league and then only 1st/2nd together. While it creates a more hectic schedule for our particular family, I also think it was brilliant.
Tyler's preschool/kinder team is so laid back and SO ADORABLE! It's very casual and all the parents are taking pictures and laughing when they throw the ball further behind them than forward. I love it. It also makes me super sorry that Cameron didn't get to ever be on a team like that.Right from the get go last year, Cameron's team seemed intense - because some of those kids had been playing for 3 years already. That was really tough on Cameron especially (who had never played) to be thrown into that. We were always harping on him to behave, listen, be good, etc., etc. Now I realize that he was acting like a perfectly normal brand new kindergarten player - it's just that he stuck out on a team of older kids. And last year I spent 75 bucks on crap Cameron really didn't need. This year I'm like, "squeeze your feet into your soccer cleats.... they'll do for 6 weeks."
No comments:
Post a Comment