Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

 As I've mentioned before, the chickens made it hard to grow a garden this year because they kept digging up all my starts.  I did manage to get some pumpkins, but they didn't all have enough time to turn green since I had to start over several times.  Still worked for carving, though!  Cameron and Tyler carved their entire pumpkins alone this year, start to finish.
I was still putting the finishing touches on costumes October 30th, which is so unlike me, but it's been a crazy busy fall.  I've been substitute teaching quite a bit (yay), I started an intense graduate program to get my reading endorsement, and we're right in the middle of moving Ronny out of his shop - which is also where I stored much of my old classroom.  Not to mention soccer practices/games for Elie and football practices/games for the boys every night, but that's another post.  Anyway, Cameron decided to be "Steve" from his Minecraft game that he loves, Tyler went with The Hulk (which fits him like a glove), and Elie saw this Cleopatra costume in a catalog and fell hard in love with it.  She never wavered from that point on, even though I tried hard to change her mind.  It was crazy expensive for a costume, but she wanted it so badly she agreed to sell her dollhouse and several old costumes to raise the money for it, so I couldn't argue with that!  And it really is a stunningly beautiful costume, pictures do NOT do it justice, seriously.


I spent the day at school parties, (a plus being a substitute teacher - I can take that day off and spend it with my own kiddos!)

We headed over to Jeff and Nissa's house for our traditional meal of chili and cornbread.  They live on Grandma and Grandpa Mac's street, which turns out to be the best street in town for trick or treating!  Just the right amount of houses, and they don't get a lot of trick or treaters so they go all out and most give full size candy bars!  Score!  I giggled when I overheard Tyler asking if they had Twix because that is his mom's favorite....sweet boy - always looking out for me. :)

No comments: