Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The past few weeks....

Cameron's cub scout troop held the pinewood derby races.  We let each of our kids make their own car.  Elie made the "Hello Kitty Car", Tyler made "Wheelie", and Cameron made the "XO Racer".  Cameron's car placed 2nd for his heat - pretty decent showing since we had absolutely NO idea what we were doing!

We adopted 3 hermit crabs - Hermie, Rainbow, and Hello Kitty. 
 We discovered Long Beach, WA.  Funny how I've lived here for more than 12 years now and never been there before.  We went up there 2 weekends in a row (in fact that's where the hermit crabs came from) and found some beautiful hiking trails with the kids.






 






Then we decided to find some hermit crabs in our own town in their natural habitat.



 
Tyler lost his first 2 teeth in the same night.  Weird, right?  The same thing happened to Cameron when he lost his first 2 teeth in one night!
I got to leave town with these beautiful ladies.  It was the first time I've been away from both Ronny and the kids at the same time since I had children.  We went to Seattle - my favorite city. 
 I decluttered 3 years worth of 3 kids' artwork by taking photos of it all and making each child their own photo book of their art.  I pulled off 2 more school parties for Valentine's Day and can check those off my list for the year.  Grandma Mac went to the hospital with a badly infected cat bite.  Both Grandpas were in the hospital at some point while I was in Seattle.  We're taking Cameron to a psychologist again.  One of the reasons I appreciate writing the blog is to remind myself why I feel overwhelmed often!

No comments: