
When I realized that not only were we saying goodbye to last year, but also last decade I started reflecting on all this last decade has brought us. Three beautiful children, four more cousins, countless new friendships, a marine electronics business, a trip to Europe, two trips to Disneyland, and many many life lessons.
We also said goodbye to four family members, one pet, and I quit teaching for a while at least. So many life changes happen in ten years time. But it's really the little, inconsequential, everyday moments that make up life. That's partly why I have this blog - it helps me remember and document all the life in between the "big events". I could list the years Cameron, Tyler, and Elie were born as defining moments of the decade - and they were - but their milestones and our adventures in parenting are what make up our days. When I was little I used to figure out how old I would be in the year 2000 - didn't we all? Now when I think about how old my children will be in the year 2020, I have only one request for this next decade..... will you please go slooooooooowwwwllllyyyyy...... so I can soak up every minute?
1 comment:
2000 seemed so far away... now we are a decade into the millennium? crazy is right!
glad it was such a good decade - for us as well.
here's to a great next decade!
Post a Comment