Kachow!
Tyler James Wright is a 5 year old tomorrow! We had a Lightning McQueen birthday party yesterday with all his friends to celebrate.
By the time we get to TyTy's birthday, I always feel like he's getting the short end of the creative schtick. After 3 birthday parties in about 5 months - and Christmas a couple weeks before - I'm all out of ideas and creative energy. But, I try. Tyler decided he's all about Lightning McQueen of the Disney Cars franchise lately. Yay! One of my children finally chooses a theme that's tried and true.... by other people!! (Seriously, have any of you noticed how Mario birthday stuff is everywhere now?? Did I tell you???)
I decided to make his invitations with the leftover supplies I had from Cameron's Mario party this last summer - which were awesome (and not my idea, I stole it from an ebay seller and just made it myself) - input Lightning McQueen - done. Freddy's was having a great deal on Playdoh, so those became the favors for his friends - covered with personalized thank you's from Ty and Lightning McQueen. I could not figure out a cool hat idea, so I totally bailed and bought checkered stripe baseball caps from Oriental Trading for favors, too.
Then I used up the last of my computer iron on transfer paper to make him a Lightning McQueen birthday boy t-shirt to wear around. Computer transfer paper - love that stuff! Anything you can print off your computer can be put onto material with little effort and everybody thinks you're amazing.
We rented the rec room at the pool and luckily our bouncy house fit inside, so that was all we needed for entertainment - but I did have stations of games as well. Ramone's House of Body Art is where Grandma Mac was giving tatoos to all the guests. Flo's V8 Cafe was the food and drink table.
At the Cozy Cone Motel I had cones set up and Auntie B ran relay races around them with the kids. Finally, Tow Mater's station was like the old fishing games at school carnivals and the kids threw the tow line over it to "fish" for a prize. Last but not least, the "Cars" soundtrack was playing. Music always makes the party in my opinion.
It was really wonderful for me to see Tyler enjoying the center of attention. He has such strong personalities around him in his siblings. As the easy going kid, I sometimes feel like he's not getting enough attention. He was lovin' it - and so was I.
No comments:
Post a Comment