I remember when I was in high school thinking I was sooooo busy. Granted, I was in a lot of activities, etc. - but I had no idea. It would get better when I went to college and didn't have to be in class ALL day, right?
Then I went to college and I thought I was sooooo busy. President of my sorority, cheerleading captain, endless studying, and lots of other activities - but still I had no idea. It would get better when I graduated college and didn't have the extra curricular activities, right?
Then I got my first full time job as a teacher and thought there was no way I could ever be more overwhelmed. Most teachers don't work 40 hours a week, especially the first few years - it's much, much more - but again, I had no idea. I never had been nor would I ever be busier than this. It would get better once I had a few years under my belt, right?
Then I had my first child - there are no words to describe the sleep deprivation, the exhaustion, the laundry, the baby's needs. I remember totaling just the time spent nursing and changing diapers everyday equaled 8 hours in every 24 hour period. Surely, I could never be busier than this, right?
Then I had my second child..... then my third child.... OK, I give up - I'm going to quit my teaching job that I adore because then life will surely be more manageable......right? RIGHT?
Then the first two of those children started attending schools in which I am and want to be very much involved. With school comes sports games and practices, PTO's, preschool boards, fundraisers, volunteering in classrooms, parties, etc., etc. ETC!!!!
I'm not sure I can keep up this pace forever. I realize that I probably should have learned my lesson by now.... but seriously - somebody please tell me that at some point it does get better..... RIGHT????? (crickets)
No comments:
Post a Comment