Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend fun


We had a super weekend filled with fun things! We started out at the new Home Depot here and visiting their "First Saturday" kids workshop. It was so cool! The kids all got little aprons and made these great trinket boxes for Valentine's Day.. all for free! Later, we headed down to the beach to go clam digging. Sunday we had a birthday party and then came home to make Valentine cookies.
I also took some time this weekend to arrange new playlists for my ipod, and in the process was playing some music. I am pleasantly surprised that Elie is quite the dancer! Up until recently she would do the normal, cute baby dancing, but today she was rockin' out! Every time I played "Disturbia" (by Rihanna) Elie immediately perked up from wherever she was in the room and starts doing this awesome head movement to the beat - seriously cracking me up. When the song is over she gets cranky and demands that I turn her song back on! I'm loving having someone to be as crazy dancing as I am! With the boys, every time I try to sing around them - even if it's to something like Dora the Explorer - I am met with "Mom, stop." At least they did get down with R2D2 - video below....

1 comment:

Robin said...

The dancing is priceless! I especially love Ty's "defensive dancing!"