Sunday, October 12, 2008

Boys day out



OK, so Elie and I tagged along, but Saturday was definitely a "manly" day. A manly marathon day at that. After Cameron's soccer game (another goal!!) we headed up to the hills with Daddy to go hunting. Can it be called hunting when we didn't have a shotgun with us?... we were looking for animals - and we had a rare treat of coming across a baby bobcat. I even got a picture of it, but it didn't turn out that well. Ronny and I were excited - even Ronny hadn't ever seen a bobcat and it's always cool to add another animal to your list.

The conversation from the back seat reminded Ronny why he usually hunts with buddies or alone. I found it hilarious, though. Cameron the philosopher... "Why can one eye go up but the other one can't go down?"..... "Why are there only boys and girls in the world?" and Tyler Chatty McChatty never stopped talking... honestly never. His best line in all that chatter was when Cameron was arguing that he couldn't make something happen and Ty answered, "Yes, I abracadooed it." Elie Lou was asleep for the most part and when she awoke and I told her she was hunting for the first time she didn't look very impressed.

After that testosterone building experience we dropped Elie off at Grandma's and took the boys to the monster truck rally at the fairgrounds. Note to self and anyone who hasn't been before - if you do ever go - EARPLUGS! It was painful without them. We did break down and get them, but the boys couldn't stop fiddling with them and I don't know how much good they did. Ronny took them at intermission to ride in the monster fun bus and I'm adding a little video of that below - look for the front seat at it comes by - that's where the boys are waving.

No comments: