We spent last week camping in Prineville for our annual trek over there - HOT! All I can say is HOT HOT HOT! Some days it actually hurt to breathe in it was so hot. Luckily we spent all of our time in the lake, in the kiddie pool we brought for the campsite or in the air conditioned motorhome. Ronny and I agree that it was the most relaxing vacation we've had in our adult lives. We both read books and played and lounged, and it was awesome.
I forgot the graham crackers for making s'mores, but we decided to make them with just the chocolate and marshmallow (the important parts, anyway!). While Ronny was opening the brand new wire marshmallow roasters, I was explaining to Cameron that when I was little we didn't have those and we had to find a stick to roast our marshmallows. Cameron replied, "yeah, but you had graham crackers, right?"
As we were packing up to go home the boys found an inchworm. Oh, the drama! I was convincing them that "Inchiana Jones" had to stay there with his family - and the tears were flowing! Cameron cried for 20 minutes - I was crying because he was so upset! Crazy! Ronny kept passing by packing up and shaking his head. Eventually, they realized Inchiana would be much happier staying at his home than ours, but it was traumatic! That last picture is of the boys saying goodbye to him.
We had a wonderful time - it was a great way to end our summer. Now, we start to prepare for kindergarten and a new preschool for Tyler!
1 comment:
Love it love it love it - keep posting baby!
b
Post a Comment