Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camp Wright

I have recitals, games, camps, blah blah blah to catch up on here so badly - but I couldn't resist documenting our day today.  The boys have been at Cub Scout Daycamp this week, and while Elie hasn't been short for things to do (junior golf, swim lessons and a softball camp) - she was still feeling a little left out.  After we dropped the boys off, I had to run a quick errand and when we saw this little tent for ten bucks lightbulbs went off in my head.
 We spent the entire day ignoring Mt. St. Laundry and had our own little camp.  I found a cute alligator necklace to be her nametag in my craft box, so our camp became "Alligator Scout Camp" and we even found a funny alligator camp song online that we learned to sing and do with movements.
 The boys had "hike" day at camp today and we had hiked about a mile or so with Cameron's group before we left - so the first bead for her nametag was the hiking bead. We made a very cool art travel case that I've been wanting to make from pinterest - click here to see directions.   All in all she earned 9 different colored beads for things like setting up camp, clean up, arts & crafts, reading, swimming, even a "shrinky dink" bead...
 Just before the brothers arrived home I opened the Alligator Scout Camp Trading Post Store where everything cost a penny.  She tried to negotiate another bead for 15 of her pennies, but I had to remind her that those are only able to be earned - not bought. 
And yes, there was even a "quiet time" bead for Mommy.

No comments: