This year, thanks to "Pinterest", I added the cut out heart that says "you color my world". Anyway, it's a pretty self explanatory project but one piece of advice I would offer is to soak your crayons in water to make it easier to rub the labels off. COLD water. You would think that would be obvious, because wax?? Hello you're about to melt this wax in heat, so you would think my brain could connect that hot water might melt the labels onto the crayon, right?? Nooooooo.... I just thought warm water would feel better on our hands than cold.....took me an extra year to figure that one out.
Even though Tyler looks possessed in this picture, he and Elie were helpful taking the labels off.
I had a fun time making dinner last night with watermelon and oranges. I called it "chicken with a side of love". When I served it Cameron said, "whoa, Mom - I didn't know you could make dinner have style!" I enjoy stuff like this - it demonstrates one of my favorite quotes - "Love is in the details."
But my favorite demonstration of love so far this month is this....
I walked upstairs to go to bed one night and found all three of my babies snuggled up together fast asleep, even though they started out in their own beds that evening. I predict this picture will be a good reminder for me in about 5 years when they're all teens and tweens.

No comments:
Post a Comment