Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Card 2011

 
Merry Christmas to our friends and family!  We're hoping you all are well and having a wonderful holiday season.  We've had a busy year filled to the brim with the ins and outs of raising children.  The kids bring us such happiness, frustration, enlightenment, ulcers, gray hairs, new levels of anger management......but most of all laughter.....

CAMERON'S BEST LINES OF 2011
*When he asked how I knew something about the way his school runs, I told him I used to teach there.  He replied, "yeah, but that was in the olden days."
*Dying Easter eggs, Cameron said, "Elie - even though you're in your underwear, you're still sassy."
*Tyler had a loose tooth and Daddy joked to him that maybe he should just punch him in the face to get it out.  Cameron piped up, "I would be willing to do that."
*He told his ORTHODONTIST not to worry about his crooked teeth - they weren't bothering him.
*Jumping on Daddy one night he said to be careful on his back.  Without missing a beat, Cameron said, "Don't worry, old man, we're almost across the street."
*When he left for sleep away camp for the first time this summer, I gave him 7 extra goodnight kisses - one for each night.  His first night home I kissed him goodnight and he said, "All your kisses worked, Mom."

TYLER'S BEST LINES OF 2011
*At the store one day we passed a little old lady and Tyler says, "Mom, someday you'll look like her.  You seem to run out of money and don't buy the stuff that keeps your hair this color."
*In the middle of a project, Dad said he needed to check something on the computer.  Tyler responded, "just don't get sidetracked like Mom does."
*Daddy was walking you and Cameron down the hall to school one day and Cameron was very grumpy.  Daddy said, "Cameron, I think you're listening to the grumpy guy in your head."  Tyler piped up, "I'm listening to the funny guy in my head!"
*After pouring himself a pool of syrup, Tyler said, "I'm livin' the life..."
*Cameron asked if there was a place called "Hungary" and Tyler said, "I need to live THERE!"
*Tyler and Elie wanted me to quiz them on math facts.  Tyler stopped Elie in the middle and said, "Elie - professionals don't use their fingers."
*Leaving with the caravan for camping, Tyler says, "I remember last year.  You guys were all playing cards and trying to be drunk."
*Ronny mentioned that we needed to stop at the liquor store and Tyler said, "Cool!  Are we buying licorice?"
*Driving in the car before a date night one afternoon, driving past restaurants Daddy said, "We should have Thai for dinner tonight."  From the backseat, a genuinely startled and concerned voice said, "You're gonna eat ME for dinner???!!!"
*The boys have gotten old enough now that we have to spell very quickly to try to keep something from them when they're around.  After a particularly fast conversation with a lot of spelled out words, Tyler looked at Ronny and I and spelled, "What the H-E-L-L?"
*Waking up for his last morning of school, his first words were "Mom, I wanna sign up for Kindergarten again!"
*Tyler came to me and said, "Mom, I pulled off my bandage.  No pain, no gain."
*Packing items into a safety pack to go into the woods with Daddy, he added a whistle, water, rope, etc.  Then he said, "Mom, I'll need money in case I see a restaurant and I want to get something to eat."

ELIE'S BEST LINES OF 2011

*I pointed out Kate Middleton in my magazine and told Elie she's going to be a real life princess.  Elie looked at the ring and exclaimed, "Hey!  She has my same ring from Chuck E. Cheese's!"
*Walking through a stream, Elie said, "Don't let me touch the water, Dad - I'm not waterproof."
*Elie made a pattern and was explaining it to me.  Tyler pipes in and says, "well, is it an A,B,A,B or A,B,C pattern?"  Elie said, "No, it's E,L,I,E."
*On the 4th of July Elie wanted one more lollipop (after several).  When I said no, she answered, "Mom, I just wanted to taste test it."
*"Mom, I wanna marry you when I grow up and live with you.  But next time let's choose a bigger house that's prettier."
*During a game night we all had to come up with the name of a mountain.  I was worried for 4 year old Elie until she said, "Mountain Dew!"  We gave it to her....
*One morning Elie put on soccer chin guards even though we weren't going anywhere.  Daddy asked why and she said, "because Tyler is very angry."
*I asked Elie what she thought her husband would be like someday and she said, "Who knows?  Whatever one I can find."

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Wright Family!
Ron, Tracey, Cameron, Tyler, Elie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg Tracy...the kids comments are priceless. Tylers had Al and I rolling. What a great start to our day. Thanks for sharing. Wendy