Friday, July 29, 2011

Cloud NINE!



 I offered Cameron a choice this year - a big 9th birthday party with lots of friends or a 3DS and a very small family party.  Guess what he chose?
 Believe it or not, that deal actually saved me money (birthday parties are expensive by the time you rent a place, get favors, food, decorations, etc.) and lots of time!  I really don't like planning a summer birthday - it's much harder to get invitations to people when school's not open and people you can locate are many times unavailable with vacations, etc.  Plus Cameron's not that social - he doesn't have a whole lot of friends. 





When we were first planning for a party looking through his class list, every decision on who he was going to invite depended on whether or not he thought his best friend, Emma Kay, would like them there or not.  I finally suggested, "How about we have a special day with just you and Emma?"  So we did that and went for the small family party instead.  We took Emma swimming, out to lunch, and to a movie and they had a blast! 


 We went to the dollar store and Cameron choose a few monster truck decorations to make it fun. Then we had grandma and grandpa Wright and our cousins over for a BBQ.  I really got to enjoy this party - usually I'm so busy during these things I don't get to visit or enjoy it much.  This one was so low key and relaxed I even sat down for dinner and visiting! 

No comments: