Monday, December 20, 2010

et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

I do love December and Christmastime.... that's what I keep telling myself.  No, I really do - nothing beats cozying up to my sweetie by the tree lights watching A Christmas Carol with kiddos sleeping soundly upstairs.  Nothing beats the excitement and wonderment on my kids' faces as they learn and appreciate our Christmas traditions.  It becomes difficult to keep it in check, though - this particular month of the year - in more ways than one.  What I'm trying to say is that we've been busy - BUUUUUSSSSSYYYYY!!!!!  Fun busy, though - and that's what counts.  
First party of the month was what I decided to refer to as our "Mom's Company Party" at my friend Debbie's house.  It was actually a cookie exchange and we all baked 12 dozen cookies and then traded them. 
Next up: two separate Christmas programs of the same program.  Yes, I said that right - our small school thinks it's too big to fit everyone in the Broadway Middle School gym at once so they split the school in half and do two programs.  Of course we had one child in the early program.....
and one child in the late program.  
Next up:  two separate Christmas class parties both of which yours truly was in charge.  I wouldn't have done that to myself when I was teaching, why do I do it now?  Because they're my own kiddos, that's why.
Next up: Christmas party at the country club with Grandma Mac, Jolly Molly, Santa and Mrs. Claus (listed in order of importance believe it or not!)....
 
It's no wonder I'm pulling my hair out feeling too busy everyday to even get Mt. St. Laundry conquered (which has been growing exponentially for the last 2 weeks).  It's a busy month.  

Add all the party planning, decorating, shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking, crafting, Christmas carding, Zoo Lights visiting, advent filling, elf moving, holiday house lights viewing,  Santa visiting, Christmas programming, parading, kitten time managing, cat fight interfering,  ETC. that gets added to my motherly duties this particular month -  I have little time left over for the laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, errands, dinner, lunches, groceries, dance practicing, cub scout meeting, litter box cleaning, doctor appts., dentist appts., playdates, chauffeuring, volunteering, bookkeeping, homeworking, bill paying, room cleaning, oil changing, ETC. ETC. ETC. that make up my regular days.

Ahhhhh.... not that I'm complaining - because I'm really not.  I love Christmastime.   Time to enjoy the holiday - Merry Christmas to you and yours.

No comments: