Garden of weedin'
The last time I was in Portland buying up all the craft supplies I could find to save my sanity with the children, I picked up a garden stone kit. It cost $8 for a plastic mold thing with a small helping of plaster of paris. Luckily, it's a cute mold and after I saw the first one done, I bought my own plaster and started mass producing them. With our own garden, mother's day for grandmas, and teacher gifts for the end of the year coming up - we have many reasons to be crafting. They're easy and fun for the kids to paint when they're dry and after I spray on an outdoor varnish, they're going to be beautiful out in the gardens.
We had better success with the boxes Ronny had built new last year on our patio compared with the veggies out in the middle of the backyard. So this year, Ronny thought he should do the same thing on a bigger scale out there. All new Miracle Gro garden soil - which is expensive, but dreamy for gardening. He's even going so far as to build one of the large boxes into a "greenhouse" and we're going to try watermelons and cantaloupes in it. As you can see, he's had a lot of help....
Last year - as we were digging up all the old bushes, shrubs, and grass - we kept telling ourselves, "won't it be so nice next year when all we have to do to prepare the garden is weed it?"..... thanks to Ronny's great ideas, we're telling ourselves the same thing again this year. Actually, I'm not really complaining because Ronny is doing all the heavy lifting, but I keep wondering if this garden will actually ever save us any money?
No comments:
Post a Comment