The boys finished up their swimming lessons this last week. We were lucky enough this summer to get in the same time as cousins and friends, so it made going even more fun... for me, too, since I had people I knew to visit with. It was nice to have something to do since we've been such homebodies this summer. The weather here at the coast has left MUCH to be desired... or I should say here in Gearhart because other spots down here have had it great. While it's been sweltering hot in Portland, we've been sopped in with fog for over a month now. I've seen the sun 3 times since the 4th of July and one of those times was when we went to my aunt's house in Hillsboro. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but it's been frustrating! I'm to the point of not even caring if it's a cold 55 degrees outside, I'd just like to see the sun in the sky! I've gotten used to coastal weather by now... but this summer takes the cake in terms of bad weather, it's even more wearing than usual. 
Anyway, enough. I mentioned we went to visit my mom's sister, Judy. She has a pool in her backyard and we spent 5 hours straight in it last Wednesday. The kids and I had a blast and it was a great day to all be together since it would have been my Grandpoo's 100th birthday. (Mom and Judy's Dad).
No comments:
Post a Comment